Thursday, February 25, 2010

Today is a Day for Boots...


I have waited multiple winters and springs and gone through seasons with wet feet because I just don't get the point of spending money on shoes that are not that pretty. Today, after trekking around the Upper East Side in Uggs (Which I hate but they were all I had.), I had to concede and let mother nature win. I need a pair of boots that can withstand a northeastern winter. All my other boots (granted they all were on the clearance rack and I only spent a total of $75 on 4 pairs in the last 4 years) sprung holes within the first few months and are useless to me. I had resigned myself to one more winter with wet cold feet, but then this wonderful blizzard evil winter storm hit and I realized I had to do something. I mean really 4 days of snow and rain and wind and walking 3 children around NYC. What is a girl to do? I was forced to go and purchase real boots. I bought my very first pair of Wellies (I was promised they would last at least 5 years). I also got some wonderful pink polar fleece socks that go with my green wellies. I love them they make my feet happy and in the grand scheme of things all you really need are happy feet.

1 comment:

  1. Green is a good choice - I think i would have gone for orange.


    Although - I've always wanted a pair like the little kids have that are green but then have alligator eyes on them! or the lady bug ones.

    ReplyDelete