Monday, March 8, 2010

My Facebook Boyfriend

Recently I've been addicted for Facebook. It isn't for the procrastination reasons or to keep up with friends. Somehow since December I've been having a Facebook relationship. I have started chatting with this guy I know who lives in DC and almost everyday we have some sort of interaction. Sometimes I initiate it sometimes he does. I feel lonely and upset if I don't hear from him.

I have written about this briefly before. I met Austrian boy in 2006 when I was working at an immigration law firm. The first day I saw him I kind of fell in love with him. He is sweet and from one of my most favorite places in the whole world. The first time I went to Austria I feel in love with it. When I moved to NYC we kind of said we would keep in touch. We didn't. He added me to facebook at some point in the past few years. I remember getting the request and looking at his profile and just smiling about that cute Austrian guy I once knew. He had a girlfriend and lived in DC so basically you know just fun to see he remembered me.

Anyways in December he liked one of my statuses. I thought that was interesting. I then went and checked out his profile. He had broken up with his girlfriend. I also thought why not comment on something. Thus, the cycle began. Almost everyday since December, unless one of us in on vacation, we have liked/commented/messaged each other. I get sad if I don't have something from him on my Facebook notifications. My friends and I have now started calling this my Facebook relationship or as I like to say we are each other's nothing. He is filling a void and I like the attention. I'm not sure what is going on really. It would be one thing if we actually knew each other but we don't. Facebook is confusing me. I don't know what to do. I find that if I have a bad day I need to post something so he will cheer me up and if he is having a bad day I have to cheer him up. If I go for a long run I like to get a message from him saying good job. He emailed me after he ran his race and gave me a blow by blow and told me he thought about what I said. Ending that we should keep in touch. I just want to be like dude I'm falling in like with you. I don't even know you.

Hopefully if all goes as planned we will be meeting at some point in 2 weeks. I don't really know what is going on. I think that at the very least we will be friends. He is still fairly devastated at the break up of his last relationship. I just want to know if we actually get along. I'm not sure if I like the social networking thing. I want a real boyfriend. A part of me is crossing my fingers that this happens... You know stranger things have happened. Just putting it out there. I would like to actually date Austrian boy even though he lives in DC and even if it doesn't change anything all that much.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds promising! I think after your little date while in DC you can see how things progress. Right? I mean, who knows maybe he'll just come right out and kiss you! Squee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes just going to see how things go. I never thought I would be rebound for someone via facebook. It is very interesting.

    ReplyDelete