Sunday, March 28, 2010

So There's That

We all know I had the non date date with Austrian Guy while I was on vacation. It wasn't even a little bit akward. I opened with the fact that Rick the Homeless man who gets 500 dollars in April from some man offered to marry me. Austrian Guy had never heard of this happening to anyone before. I informed him it happens to me all the time. I told him I'm a catch, but only homeless men seem to know this. Then we proceed to go look at impresionst paintings, and respectively we were both witty. We got some good laughs out of the whole thing. Then instead of getting a drink I said why don't we go for a walk around the Cherry Blossoms. We shared some stories and it was a very nice time. I had to run off to dinner with my best friend at 7, but really longer the 3 hours probably would have been to long. We hugged goodbye and then talked for another 15 minutes. I guess that is a good sign.

However, I am more confused now then I was before we had our non date. I texted him the following day, but he had made plans already. We promised to keep in touch, but I was just not sure how we would do this. We had some funny conversations on our get together and today I saw something that I thought perhaps he would find funny so I texted him. For the record I hate texting boys even ones I had non dates with who seem semi interested. I worry that they think I'm becoming this clingy girl, but he texted right back with a very amusing response. We continued to text for the next 3 hours here is my favorite text:

Austrian Guy: I'm in the elevator with a lady who is asking me if I'm Russian. This is the second time she has asked me this
Me: I'm pretending to be Jewish and pretending today is Passover.
Austrian Guy: I'm doing laundry in a tight black shirt that says "Sex, Crime, Money" (my friend bought it for me because he thought it was funny). You should see the looks I'm getting from the neighbors. Hilarious.
Me: No wonder they think you are Russian


I don't know what is going on here. I guess we are friends? I mean I live 4 hours away and I probably wont be seeing him anytime soon. He is still slightly hung up on his ex girlfriend so all and all I guess what we have going is better then me being the rebound. However, I kind of feel like I am the rebound. Can you be a long distance rebound? Was this flirty texting? Does it ever work out if you are the rebound? What do you all think of this?

4 comments:

  1. I'm not sure about the rebound thing, but it does look like flirty texting to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does right? I don't know this whole situation is weird.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too much analysis. It's very simple- people don't want to be embarrassed or shamed in the process of having their feelings validated by someone else. The result is flirting and other games sometimes followed by a protracted period of uncomfortable "dating" and maybe some other over-analysis. The important thing to recognize is that the other side has the same fears and possibly the same feelings. If you're lucky, you'll find that if you're honest about your feelings then the other person will be honest as well. if you're really lucky, those feelings will match up - whether they are good or bad. Either way all you have to do is know what *you* want, and communicate that effectively and fearlessly. Sometimes it sucks. C'est la vie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What me to much analysis and not enough action?! You make a very valid point and if I was close, which hopefully I will be soon, I'll figure out what it is I do want and communicate it.... Well attempt to.

    ReplyDelete