Wednesday, March 24, 2010

To Text or not to Text...

So all I had a fantastic day today in DC and have come to the conclusion that NYC is no longer the right place for me. DC may not be the right place for me either, but after being in DC something felt so much more right. I don't know if that makes sense but things seem so much more settled here then in NYC. I realized there is a life and a good life for me to come back to. Whenever I think of DC I think of the bad part not the good part. I don't remember the awesome people and the fact that this city is so beautiful.

Anyways today was also the non date date. I meet Austrian Boy at the Corcoran Art Gallery and he was very handsome. He bought us tickets. There was not much of awkwardness at all. We had an hour to tour the gallery and it was amazing. Then we had an option of grabbing a drink, but I said it is so nice out why don't we walk. We walked around the monuments and the cherry blossoms and then he walked me to the metro. I had a dinner with my best friend planned so...

Anyways now I don't know what to do. I think it was a date but it might not have been one. My friends husband told me I should have invited him to dinner. Then said I should text him and apologize not inviting him to dinner but I thought that would be weird. I think I like him. I wish I lived closer. Do I text or email a thank you? Do I invite him out on Friday night? What the heck did I just do?

3 comments:

  1. Yay! Text him and say you had fun and would like to hang out and get that drink before you leave town.

    Don't apologise for not inviting him to dinner; you're right, it would be weird. You're scheduled to see people, not there exclusively to see him - you don't have to apologise for that, :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally text him and thank him for taking you to the museum (thanking someone for a date is great two fold it shows you're polite and considerate and it initiates contact without being like "HANG OUT WITH ME NOW!" clingy).

    Sounds great :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. There has been a little texting today. Sadly we wont be hanging out again but we are going to keep in touch. It is not easy wanting to date a guy who lives 4 hours away from you. Once he was out of work he was fast on the texting back. I think I like him... :/

    ReplyDelete