Monday, November 8, 2010

I Give Up... Um Well Kind Of

It's funny I said I gave up on dating and then I reopened an OK Cupid account.  That seems counter productive, right? I don't know.  I have no desire to date, but yet something in me wants to, but I'm full of contradictions so it makes sense honestly.

I have much to fill you in on in matters of the heart blog readers.  There have been a couple guys and a few missed dates as well as some poorly place emails and phone calls. Where to start and what to share is always the complicated part.  All the stories lead up to why I am giving up yet again on the whole meeting someone thing.

The first story begins at a friends party and it ends at the same place a week later.  I'm not sure what happened.  The first night I didn't even like the guy.  However, he was a player and I was up for a game that night.  The next week the game continued, but it was played out rather quickly.  Unlike most guys that I have meet in the past year or so I had no desire to see this guy after our second meeting.  This is rare for me, but let's just say he is just not worth my time.

The second story is the Halloween story.  Saturday night I had a ticket to a party in the Meat Packing District.  You should all know I never go out in the Meat Packing District.  This is not my usual scene and even worst that this I was very sick.  I had spent the whole day sleeping.  I set my alarm so that I could go out.  I paid money and bought a Big Bird costume do you think I was going to waste either of those things? Of course not. My friend and I arrived at a super packed bar and met up with her non boyfriend/ex boyfriend who had a good hour and half start on us on the open bar.  I had taken medicine and was trying not to drink.  I succeeded in this almost.  I also learned that even one drink on cold medicine is not such a good idea.  At this point my friend's non boyfriend was not happy and decided that he needed to leave.  Making my friend not so happy, but being the good non girlfriend she took him home and took care of him.

Check out that eye makeup. How could I not go out?
This left me all alone in the Meat Packing with all my other friends all the way across town.  Here I was all alone feeling ok and not wanting to go home, but there was nary a cab in site, so I wandered alone by myself dressed as Big Bird.  If you have read any of my post you know that it is in these moments that I am weak and if there is a phone around well... Yes, that is right I called the guy from this summer and texted the boy I don't want to waste my time on.  One of them responded. Guess which one? The most recent guy but he was in Las Vegas so I was off to find a...

Cab to the East Side, but there was no cab to be seen.  I almost got a Pedi cab to bike me over 30 blocks for $5. This is where Halloween Boy enters.  He was dressed as David the Gnome and was also in search of a cab. You could call him my Halloween hero because we got a cab and he decided that we should go on a date.  Dear readers if you remember Halloween is the only night of the year I get dates randomly at bars.  I never say no to a date.  Dates are rare in NYC.  However, this guy wanted to come to my place and cook for me. Yes, for the first date he wanted to come to my place.  After a Monday of really thinking this over I tried to change it to drinks.  I didn't have a date and I haven't heard from him since. Again I'm not all that torn up about it.

So, to summarize I almost had a date. I meet a guy flirted with him for 2 weeks and moved on and am still semi hung up on the guy from the summer.  Yet, I really don't care all that much.  I'm apathetic, but as a friend pointed out not apathetic enough to get a boyfriend.  I'm not sure what that means. The whole they will come when you aren't looking thing, but she says I'm never not looking.  I don't get it.  I am not looking.  I don't care one way or another, but I do have a dating profile up.  Yes, I go on to it occasionally, but I don't really do anything about it.  I'm busy I'm not sure when I would have time to date.  I barely have time for my friends. That's it really I give up.  There is nothing I can do or not do or pretend to not be doing that I am doing.  There is a guy out there for me he probably will show up sooner or later.

No comments:

Post a Comment