Friday, June 5, 2009

Some May Call Me Crazy... I Just Call It Fun

Hello, Blogging community. I have a big announcement to share with you. I am running a marathon a week after my sister's wedding in October. I decided a long time ago that I was going to run 26 miles when I was 26. I thought it sounded cool. Well, as my 26th year is rapidly drawing to a close I finally got my act together and signed up with Team In Training. I am going to run the Nike Women's Marathon in San Francisco. This is where you my lovely readers come in. I need to raise 3,900 dollars by September 30. I'm raising money for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. This is a wonderful cause and I am proud that I can put my goal of running 26 miles to use in raising money. If you have a chance go to my Team In Training website (http://pages.teamintraining.org/nyc/nikesf09/mhughesqvz)and send your friends or just write me little notes of encouragement on this blog. I'm up for any kind of support I can get.

My dear readers, I hope you have begun to see me coming back to myself in the past few months of this blog. Before all this craziness of Internet dating, I was a well adjusted young women who could have cared less about the fact that I was single. I was focusing on myself and all the things I wanted to accomplish, but somewhere between here and there I lost myself. Thankfully, with the help of some friends and the blogging sphere, I have found myself again :)

4 comments:

  1. That is sooooo exciting! And wow. I refuse to run like down the block for milk (I am a walker...not opposed to errands!). I'll see what kind of funds I have after my trip home!

    Also - A bloggy friend Chris has a blog about running that is quite inspirational http://www.seechrisyrun.com/ I believe she is running a trail marathon or something. anyway. thought I'd share the love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deidre... Thanks so much. Just knowing there are people out there cheering for me is enough. Chris's blog is great. I will have to add it to the list of blogs I read.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to run a marathon. Or something like that. I'd love to do something that seems super impossible to me that I can't imagine ever doing and do it. One day. Right now I need to train myself to work the 9-5 again. I feel like I've been wearing training pants all week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Singlutionary: That is exactly why I'm doing this. Plus it puts me in touch with all these great people. I love it. Thanks for the support! I'll keep you posted on my progress.

    ReplyDelete