Sunday, May 2, 2010

Beef Jerky and Bars

Well my dear readers I actually had a weekend last last weekend and by having a weekend I mean I worked till 11:45pm and meet up with friends at 12:00. The parent's I work for told me I had to go out when they got home because I looked amazing and had no one to worry about in the morning. So, there I was off to go out at 12am on as Saturday.

I honestly didn't think anything was going to happen and in all honesty nothing much did. I am in kind of a crazy place in life right now and even the thought of flirting with a guy is kind of tiring. The wonderful thing about this is that you totally let your guard down. I know the whole when you aren't looking adage. It isn't even that. I just don't even care. What I would love is to be in a relationship, but I have no energy to even think about getting into one. I'm a conundrum. I don't care about seeking guys out but I would love to be in a relationship... That makes no sense. Welcome to my world.

Anyways, back to the non story story I am telling. My friends and I ended up going to a wonderful bar on the Upper East Side. It is super low key and like only 10 people were there. Perfect for a tired nanny who had no desire to go out. We were there drinking and chatting and noticed a cute guy. The only cute guy in this bar besides cute Irish bartender came up to my friend and goes, "I know you. We meet a few years ago, but I had a beard then." My other friend and I are laughing hysterically. You see this girl knows I think pretty much all of Manhattan. Every time we go everywhere she meets someone. It's just amusing. I digress though because this story really has nothing to do with Beef Jerky boy.

So, we ended up leaving this bar to walk my other friend home and as we were walking I noticed this extremely tall guy. Readers, I am not short and love love love it when I get to feel small next to a guy. This guy was tall and cute in a very dorky way. If you have ever watched How I Meet Your Mother he was Marshall. Seriously this guy was Jason Segel's doppelganger. He pointed it out by saying, "Please don't say I look like that guy from I Love You Man." Well I'm laughing hysterically at pretty much everything at this point. Life is so random. He goes "I want to dance with you." I smiled and said, "Well Ok." So he starts spinning me in circles in the middle of 2nd ave. I was smitten, but also thought there is no way he is into me. He kept trying to get us to come with him, but my friends weren't having it. He said to me "I'll walk with you for a bit anyways." Then we had to part and with this sad puppy dog face he says "You really aren't coming with me." I looked at my friends and they just shook their heads. I was like I guess not. He then informed me that he works at Tin Lizzie on the weekends and in the summer when he is not a high school math teacher. I melted a little more and then he asked if he could at least get a kiss on the check. Yes, just on the check. I'm smitten do you get that. He is like the perfect guy for me. A 28 year old high school math teacher. I would love to say that I gave him my number and he gave me his and we have called and gone on dates since last Saturday, but alas I was clueless and he didn't ask. So for now I have been making short appearances at Tin Lizzie in hope that Beef Jerky Boy is there and he remembers me and that he is really and truly single and looking and not just looking for a hook up for the night.

The name Beef Jerky Boy comes from my friends who noticed that's what he was eating as we walked by him. In my state of thinking man he is tall I didn't realize he was eating anything.

And here is a pic of his doppelganger since I don't have a picture of him.

4 comments:

  1. First of all I love jason segel. Seriously, I adore him.

    secondly, why don't you ask the people at the bar to tell "Jason Segel" something from " 2nd ave girl"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know he is amazing. I have loved him since "Freaks and Geeks".

    If I don't see him this Saturday I will ask someone I guess. It's just so forward and so not like me...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahhhhhhhhahahahahhhhaaaa! The romance! A high school math teacher/tall-slice-of-beef-jerky!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Still have yet to meet him out. However, the search for Beef Jerky boy has created some fun nights in the city ;)

    ReplyDelete