Saturday, May 29, 2010

This Is What I'm Bad At

I meet a pretty great guy last night. I said I was going to open myself up to the possiblity this weekend and wouldn't you know the universe supplied the goods. He shares the same name of He Who Shall Not Be Named and Austrian Guy a friend and I had made a pact we would no longer date people with this name. I guess there is always an exception to the rule and his real name isn't that name. It's confusing and I like him.

Yesterday was girls night for the first part of the night. My girlfriends and I went to see Prince of Persia (amazing) and then met up with her guy friend and his friends who had a poker night. I ended up in a corner by myself when the guy I had eyed when I first walked in and saw the group came up to me. We talked for well the next 4-5 hours I guess. I had no clue if he like me (we all know I'm awful at that part). My friends kept telling me to seal the deal also not so good at that and neither was he. I think together we may have had the game of a second grader. I ended up at his place under what I thought was just a line that we would go see a movie today before he went away for the weekend. Well when we arrived at his house we actually did look up movie times and I showed him "Laser Cats" and "MacGruber". I feel these are things that any 20 something really should know about. I was a little surprised at this because really who gets a girl home and then doesn't put on the moves?

This morning after my fitful sleep we did go see "Shrek". Then he packed and went off to DC for the rest of the long weekend. I now get to do the part I suck at and wait for that phone to ring. I am not going to call/text or anything. He said he was going to and he had fun and I need to trust him. He is not all the other guys I have dated he is a new person. I need to give him the benefit of the doubt, but I just don't know. It seems a little to good to be true. I have to keep telling myself I deserve to date a nice guy and he is a nice guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment