Friday, May 14, 2010

I'm tired

Ok it is almost 2am and I should be sleeping, but there is something I need to write about. I have been trying to think about how to write it for the past few days and will probably write more on this subject, but as of late all the blogs I read about dating have been kind of sad. Everyone seems to be getting dumped by their potential mates and getting into funks. I have been there. I think I am actually in a constant state of being there. However, as of late I have really started thinking is it worth it. Is all this effort to meet someone really worth it?

I think the conclusion I have come up with is no. Dating is not worth it. It is not even remotely fun and it is hard work. There is so much more we can be doing with our time and yet we spend it trying to figure out who to date and where and what it all means. I'm sorry but after a month of trying unsuccessfully to get back out there. I don't really care anymore. I have said this a number of times before, but have never really meant it. All this searching takes away time from things I actually want to be doing. All these dates that lead to nowhere just take up time. I don't want dating to feel like looking for a job.

Therefore I think the best thing for me to do is just stop. I'm not saying I'm going to stop dating. If I meet a nice guy and he shows interest I'll go on a date, but until these nice guys start showing interest I'm just going to start doing things I like to do with no hidden agenda. I want to join a running club because I would like people to run with. I think I might sign up for an art class because I want to start painting again. I'll meet interesting people and that is all I really want is to have interesting people in my life. This will lead to me becoming a more complete person and when the right person steps into the picture I wont be so focused on the relationship, but instead focused on what makes me happy and maybe just maybe then I will allow myself to be happy with someone else.

1 comment:

  1. YAYYAYYYYAYAYAYAYAYYYYAYYYYAYYYYAAA!

    For some reason, instead of coming from a place of fun, dating comes from a place of lack. We are always being disappointed, etc.

    If there was a way to spend my precious time and NOT feel disappointed when I didn't hit it off with someone, that would be great.

    At the same time, maybe instead of spending my precious time TRYING to meet someone I actually can connect with, I should just DO activities that I connect with and let the rest of the connections work themselves out!

    YOU ARE BRILLIANT MEG!

    ReplyDelete