Monday, September 14, 2009

Eventually I'll Get It Right

Last night I was laying in bed unable to sleep. A thought just kept going over and over in my head and I just was frustrated with myself. A couple post ago I wrote about the most recent guy and how I wasn't really sure how to go about this. Well I messaged him on Facebook which I find kind of lame but I'm impatient and really just wanted to um see him again... The only thing is my messaged was ignored. I'm usually fairly heartbroken and see this as some sign that there is something wrong with me. Luckily in this case I do not think anything of the sort. It kind of surprises me. I'm not going to say he hasn't become one of my daily twitter looks or facebooks but I really don't care all that much what happens. I just hate being ignored, but more then this I'm kind of annoyed with myself that I couldn't just tell him exactly what I wanted in that message.

Let's start at the beginning kind of. I meet this guy we hooked up awkwardness ensued when he couldn't um seal the deal. I have verbal diarrhea at this point and say something stupid like you know I like you. I realize not the right time to say this. I meant like I think your nice not I want you to be my boyfriend. A quick yeah so see you around and out the door I went 20 minutes later. A week later I friend him on facebook. Then talking to some friends I think hey maybe I'll message him. My message was just simple just saying how I think we should hang out sometime. I got nothing back. Lame...

Here is where I'm kind of kicking myself because, honestly, I really wanted to write him something totally different. All my friends however, told me that I would look desperate. Yet, I mean if I'm never going to see him again do I care if I look desperate? Why couldn't I have just sent the message I wanted? What am I so afraid of?

What I wanted to write was
Hey,
I had fun the other night. Would you like to go to the movies sometime and give it another shot?

What I wrote:
Hey,
When I your stand up show? I could really use a laugh. We should hang out sometime since we both live in Queens. Hope you are having a good week.

Well anyways. It was another attempt at something and all I can do is keep trying. Eventually I'll get this dating thing right.

2 comments:

  1. Megs. I am just peeing my pants laughing right now about how much we have in common. You have a guy who can't seal the deal and I have a guy who can't even get close enough to lick the envelope.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, yes Singlutionary you and I are leading a double life. I often read your blog and think, "Hey, maybe I am a single girl who lives in Texas."

    ReplyDelete