Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Man O, Man

Oh blog how I love the, but how I neglect you so. I have been using the paper kind of journal for a few weeks now and jotting things down that I want to write about. Then I get home from a 12 hour day and a 2 hour run and just can't bring myself to type. Yet, I feel obligated to fill my wonderful readers in on all the stuff that is going on in my life and as the title says some stuff has been going on in my life. Man O, Man

Let's first begin with the mundane. I am getting health insurance!! This is like the most fantastic news yet. I have not been in the land of insured for about a year. I still have a few weeks to go but the first of the month I will be able to break things and get sick and not worry about how I'm going to pay for everything. Yeah!! This is beyond awesome and even more awesome my employer is paying for it!! Thankfully because I can not afford $400 a month on my own.

Second mundane thing that has happened is I got contacts. Which some how has blossomed me into someone who is gorgeous. I think that my under eye circles are more noticeable. This means I'm wearing makeup and I think this is really what has happened not the removal of glasses. Whatever it is I feel better and can see much better. My glasses were almost 4 years old and scratched really badly.

Third slightly less mundane happening is that I have begun to apply for a graduate program. I'm having some trouble nailing down my recommendations and coming up with a statement of purpose. I am excited to be applying to a program I actually want to be part of. I'm hoping I get in and that my life doesn't feel as stalled as it has been. This goes hand in hand with the program that I'm volunteering with. Somehow I became the grant writer. I feel a little bit screwed because I have a month and half to find money to run the program. Please send me ideas!

The fourth thing that happened is that well I kind of sort of meet someone. I meet him we hooked up and added each other as friends on facebook. I've decided that I want something casual. My mom says I should have a practice boyfriend and this guy fits the bill. I'm just not sure how to pursue this part. He is funny, and sweet, and adorable. I would like to pursue something very not serious with him. I'm just bad at the pursuing part because that's where I lose all my confidence. I over think and second guess myself way too much. The idea of someone saying no to me scares the bejesus out of me. However, I should just do it. The question is have I waited to long? It's been about a week and half. We didn't exchange numbers but we have close mutual friends.

Also I ran into that guy I use to call as awesome and he ignored my presence in fact turned around. That was slightly crushing, but totally necessary. I went a little crazy. It was pretty bad, but I think that is more just the week I had and my body just couldn't adjust to everything. I was having major processing overload.

So my life is going a little crazy. I'm trying to go out of my way and do different things. I am debating emailing the guy and saying hey we should hang out sometime. I just don't want to come across as a creepster or a crazy. There I go over thinking. That's my life in a nutshell. I'll write more about one thing or another soon.

3 comments:

  1. Oh Megs! I want to see pictures of the new gorgeous you. I am so excited that you can see and BE seen for who you are. I too am a couple weeks away from getting health insurance. Super excited. And then once I pay off all my credit card debt, I am going to ride off into the sunset of graduate school and off the grid living in the TX desert. Or something like that.

    Anyways, I think I am finally learning that the only thing to do with guys is to just be you. No second guessing, no trying to make it work, not TRYING period. Just have fun and relax. Otherwise it is serious because you're taking it too seriously!

    At least you can get the guy to sit next to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes just being me is ideal. I am working hard on the second guessing thing. Really, really hard. I would really love to just finally not have to work so hard at this whole life thing. It really isn't dating but everything is just so not easy at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just read my own advice and think its brilliant. I am going to just give up worrying about admirer's lack of admiration.

    ReplyDelete