Tuesday, September 29, 2009

It's the Little Things

As most of my readers know I have been training for a marathon with Team In Training. The marathon is only 19 days away!! This means that I have just one more long run and then in two weeks I will be running 26.2 miles!!! I can't really believe that I have made it this far, but run that marathon I will even if I have to crawl across the finish line.

It is weird to think back to 6 months ago when I was dating someone I thought was amazing. Then he told me he didn't want to go down that road and I thought WTF? That made me take a good hard look at my life and realized oh wait I don't have a life. I am all talk and have no idea what I want to do. I think I will run that marathon I keep talking about.

You know what happened during this six month period? I learned how amazing some people are and I also cut a lot of people out of my life. I learned to put myself first. I learned how much I love to run. How my life falls apart when I don't run at least 4 miles 4 times a week. I didn't realize how much this was crucial for my life. I learned that people will surprise you. That the ones that are negative are really not worth having in your life. Most of all I learned that you just have to keep running forward because there is always a downhill to make the uphill totally worth it.

I have come a really long way in the past six months. You can't really tell from this blog because I tend to be a little sporadic at keeping up with it. However, looking at when I started it in February when it was titled "Megs Wants A Date" to now where it is "Megs Life is Great". I think right there you can see the change that has happened. At first it was just a title change. I was very much still focused on the whole single thing and the whole boy thing. Somehow in the past few months everything has changed. I think I am kind of back to the me I use to be with all the good things of the NYC Meg mixed in.

I'm not sure what brought this on, but I'm slowly learning to just go with it. I had an out pouring of support in donations this week. I almost beat Brick on my Black Berry and my job is going great. I made an amazing dinner last night and I was home by 7 today too. It really is the little things and I am just so happy I have finally realized that you should pay attention to them.

3 comments:

  1. You are badass Megs. I can't run one mile but you're gonna run 20 something. It is good to finally feel like you've made it. Its a hard climb though but then you're there . . . living the life you always dreamed of.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you ladies! I had a little bit of a stumble last night, but am happy to report it had no lasting harm. :)

    ReplyDelete