Tuesday, November 24, 2009

I'm In Love!! :)

I'm in love really and truly and very happy about it. I'm in love with one of the most fantastic people ever and it actually surprised me. Before you get ahead of yourself and think, "Whoa did I miss something," let me fill you in. I'm in love with me. This was a revelation I had yesterday. It may sound narcissistic, but it's not really. I mean most of us are in love with ourselves. There is even that cliche, "if you can't love yourself then how can anyone else?"

So, I'm happy to say I am in love with someone and that someone is me. It has been a long journey and a difficult relationship. I have been constantly fighting the happy feelings within and making myself fairly miserable by living up to someone else's standards. I have given up on that. I realized I'm amazing and really truly believe this. This doesn't mean there are things that I can't improve on, but being happy with myself and loving myself is really the first step to becoming the person I am meant to be. I have been defining myself for so long as something that other people wanted me to be. I have been trying to fit into this mold of what people want. I realized when I had this revaluation is that it isn't worth fighting who you are. There is no perfect way to be. You just really need to be happy and somehow you will muddle through the rest of it.

Another person's writing actually spurred this post. It was the wonderful Decoybetty while guest posting for Hooking Up Smart. This post just reaffirmed my belief in what I have been feeling for the last few days. This sense of not really caring how others define me, but rather how I define myself. If people look at me as single and whatever it doesn't matter. I am who I am and I am doing what is right for me so to heck with all that stuff. My life is amazing and will be amazing and maybe it is a little tough sometime, but I love it.

3 comments:

  1. I so glad my post resonated for you! And I am so happy to read that you're happy! :) Happy Thanksgiving from Australia :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. "It has been a long journey and a difficult relationship." I hear that! I'm so glad you managed to patch things up with yourself and that you're in it for the long haul now. The temptation to fit other people's molds is very powerful! Thanks for the reminder that I mold myself. . .

    CC

    ReplyDelete
  3. Meg, this was awesome! I feel uplifted just reading it! By the way, allow me to say that you look fantastic in all of these photos - I don't mean to focus on the superficial, but you are looking happy and fit. That must feel really good!

    ReplyDelete