Monday, November 2, 2009

Baffled

Who knew that such a simple Halloween costume would be so awesome. I was a shot in the dark. I had an amazing Halloween. It was one of those nights where everything just fell into place. I went completely out of my comfort zone and ended up in Brooklyn with my friend. It was probably one of the top 10 nights I've had in NYC.

The most memorable moment is when I went to leave a guy followed me out of the bar to make sure he got my number. This never happens to me. Guys do not ask for my number, nor do they follow me out of bars in order to do this. He was sweet, but not really my type. I gave him my number and he has been texting me. I think we will be meeting for coffee next week. I feel bad, but I want to go to the gym and have made plans on Saturday and Friday.

It is interesting because a few months ago I would have been all about going on dates. I can't believe that in one week I meet two guys who got my number and texted me less then 12 hours after meeting them. It is great. I just don't think I really want to be dating. Is this weird? I'll go on dates if they present themselves, but honestly it is just tiring and confuses me and I'm trying to figure a bunch of other stuff out in my life. I guess as always I'm just a little baffled by everything. As always life is surprising me.

5 comments:

  1. Isn't that always the way? you feel like you don't really want to be dating anyway, and then guys start following you out of bars and asking you out on the subway :) That's awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It has just been strange. I feel like I'm in the Twilight Zone and don't really understand anything.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It IS awesome! Having choices is always better than not having them. yes Deidre is onto something here - we get what we want when we're not looking for it, or something like that.

    Don't knock being talkative or neurotic! It certainly led to Subway Boy and perhaps attracted Halloween boy as well. Don't be afraid to be yourself, because YOUR SELF IS CHARMING.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! I'm learning that myself is amazing. I kind of love it. Not sure how much I would of figure it out if it wasn't for starting this blog thing. Never thought I would think this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think that it is typical that when you're living your own awesome life, you begin to attract more and more people. that doesn't mean that you have to reciprocate that attraction or feel obligated. You've already lifted that person's life by being your awesome self.

    ReplyDelete