Sunday, January 10, 2010

I want to move to....

Ireland. I want to move far away and live in a country where everything is a little similar but totally different. I want to fall in love with some guy who has an accent and a different idea of what macho is. I want to be Irish. I just don't know how to get there.

France, though part of me despises this language. I want to be swept off my feet in a language I don't understand at all. I want to live in a little village in the french Alps and learn french and eat baguettes. I want to be Belle from "Beauty and the Beast".

I want to move half way around the world. Where my only problems seems to be that I am in a new place and I don't know anyone.

I miss adventure. I have settled into a life I don't want to be in and I'm not sure what I'm going to do. I'm shocked that in one month I'll be 27 and that in 3 years I'm going to be 30. I just have to... I don't know and usually that means I just have to move. I must shake things up. The question is how.

5 comments:

  1. I almost bought a plane ticket when I saw P.S. I Love You. England, Ireland, Scotland and Wales.. the lands of rolling hills and hot men and accents and Guinness. Feisty women. Small town pubs with charming house bands.

    They're just waiting for us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Moving to a new place is amazing...but hard too! don't let the cute boyfriend with the cute accent fool you ;)

    You'll figure a way to get away, I have total faith. and if you give us some ideas of what you want to do when you get away, we, your readers, will help you brainstorm :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aura I'll be in the seat right next to you. I have been in love with the British Ilse since I was 10. I don't know why I just want to live there so bad.

    Deidre I tend to get restless know matter where I am. I feel the need to move and shake things up because I am bored and frustrated where I am. I guess I sometimes feel the only way to fix things is to start over. Maybe that isn't always the answer. However, the allure of a new place and a new start is oh so appealing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i am beauty and the reverse beast: looks good on the outside but is a monster on the inside.

    anyways. you ARE living your adventure. Trust me. I have been in this same damn city 4 years and I have no effing job but I know that in another 5 years I will look back and say: Damn, that was a great adventure I was on and now I am so settled down and stuck. I want to be the girl I was back then.

    Don't you live in New York or something like that? That is something people only dream of!

    But yes, I know.

    Restlessness means you're growing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Singlutionary I am living my adventure and it is fabulous. I never had a New York dream, but it has been the most fantastic place I have ever lived.

    This restlessness is trying to kick my ass into gear. It is getting me their too.

    ReplyDelete