Saturday, April 24, 2010

Half Marathon Number 2

I'm running my second half marathon tomorrow. I was thinking today on why I started running this. It's funny because what it comes down to is rejection and a feeling of being lost. Running gave something back to me and when I feel myself losing it all over again I often see it is because I haven't been running. I need to run at least 15-20 miles to keep my sanity in tack. That isn't really all that much it is about 3 4 mile runs and a long run on the weekend. Ideally I'm running 25-30 miles a week.

I signed up for this half marathon because I have registered for a marathon in October and needed something to get me going again. It is so nice to be back out running and as perdicted my life seems to be clicking back into place again. I really shouldn't be surprised by this. It isn't all that unexpected.

Anyways it's nice to see that out of rejection and total lack of direction some good things do come.

No comments:

Post a Comment