Thursday, October 29, 2009

Let's Be Honest....

I can't keep anything to myself and the reason I have this blog is to tell what is going on in my life. I was reading my previous post and that is just stupid. I should get my hopes up and I do want something to come of this secret I'm about to spill. It isn't a big deal and I think that I over react a bit, but hey I'm going to let you all in on my Tuesday night.

My friend from freshmen year moved to NYC recently with his wife. I haven't seen Ben in years. Even when we were in college after freshmen year we kind of drifted apart. When I found out he was moving I sent the required let's get drinks. I hoped we would, but like many things in NYC realized people are busy. Well I had a dinner party recently and invited my friend and his wife. He couldn't come, but we planned last minute drinks on Tuesday. It was great catching up and I am happy to say I have two great new NYC friends.

That was all well and good and everything. The real thing that happened was on the train on the way home. I made the last train to my house and as I was sitting there taking my book out this guy sticks his hand in the door as they are shutting. He started saying my hand is stuck and I was sitting there looking at him like he was an idiot. I was on the better side of 3 glasses of wine and feeling a little talkative and told him he was stupid. He just laughed at me when I said a friend of mine saw someone's limb severed because of what he just did. One thing lead to another and we exchanged info.

The following day I spent debating whether or not to get in touch. He got in touch first. This is great I guess. I asked if he wanted to get a drink sometime. He said sure. How about next week. This is the last I have heard from him. So maybe something will come of this maybe nothing. He is going on a month to 3 month trip to Brazil on the 12th so perhaps I will never see him ever again. Perhaps he will get in touch with me and we will have a fantastic time on one of those days next week.

I am trying really hard to not be me... That doesn't sound right. I just have to remember I am who I am and if who ever meets me does not like the fact that I'm too nice, a little talkative, like to text, and I say stupid things when nervous or when there is silence we won't work out. I often go overboard on all relationships and sometimes I don't think that guys get this. I have this need to please and be friends with everyone. I suck at not letting things go. I don't trust anything and don't think that good things happen to me (in relationships). I constantly over think everything. I am generous. I am optimistic despite everything. I get up every morning and I smile and I'm glad that I am alive. This is who I am. I am totally ok with this and someday I'm sure I will be on the subway and meet that guy who not only text me back, but set up a date for the next day. And I'll have my story and it will be great. Until then I'm happy just dealing with my neurotic self.

2 comments:

  1. Can I just say it is da-amn impressive that you got picked up on the train! well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so THIS is Subway guy. Hahahahhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaa!!!!

    Just keep being your wonderful generous self. There are so many more men to come.

    ReplyDelete