Friday, August 6, 2010

Getting On With It

Well if you follow me on Twitter megslife1 you know that I am taking a break from dating. I'm not sure if I can say that this is 100% true. What I am doing is not doing online dating anymore. I tried it once and then stopped and then did that over and over again about a billion times. There are things some people are good at and other people are not. I am no good at online dating. I don't know if it is my pictures or my profile, but I get nary (I always wanted to use that word) a email or a response to my email. I don't know why. I don't know if I perhaps exude my lack of knowing how to date or be in a relationship in my profile or my lack of confidence in what I am doing comes across. I have had friends read all of my online profiles. There are no spelling mistakes and I think who I am comes across. However, I'll be honest I don't really care all that much about it. There are some things that I think should be done offline and dating is one of them. I think that all this online dating has taken away from what dating actually is. All this hooking up and options and empowerment and choice has left us unable to some extent to choose to date one person. I would love to meet a guy and I will not be doing this online. I will meet this person some how. I know that but it will not be after I have exchanged a million emails and had a phone conversation with someone.

So, for now I am getting on with it. I'm trying to figure out how exactly one dates without the trappings of the Internet and what I want my dating life to look like. This journey should be an interesting one. I will be courted. Is that even possible anymore?

No comments:

Post a Comment