Tuesday, May 12, 2009

I'm Tired of Waiting

I feel the need to write about my favorite show this week, How I Meet Your Mother. This weeks episode had Ted, male version of me, in a chance meeting with his ex Stella and her now boyfriend. Hilarity and self growth ensue. At the end of the Episode Ted says to Stella "I want what you have, but I'm tired of waiting." Being that I am exactly like Ted I wanted to be like, "Dude where are you? I'm coming." I know, I know, he is a fictional character, but a girl can dream.

I'm not looking all that hard. I am waiting and it feels like I have been waiting for years and years. I'm not sure if it will ever come. This great love I'm looking for, and maybe I am setting myself up for being alone since I won't settle for anything less. I've seen so many great loves in my family that I don't think I could settle for anything less. When you know what's out there you just know you can't settle. It isn't fair to you or the person you are settling for. I am ok with being alone. I know it is a choice I am making because I would rather be alone and happy then in a relationship I know is not amazing. So, as much as I'm tired of waiting and often doubt why I am waiting and what I am waiting for. I will wait longer and cultivate my life because in the end the best and most amazing relationship you will ever have is with yourself.

4 comments:

  1. 1. I reference HIMYM like 3 times a day...It's getting embarrassing, I need to stop (Need to stop internet five? damn it!).

    2. I got tired of waiting too - I am still tired of waiting. And its exhausting putting yourself in positions where you'll meet guys (even if you know you don't *need* one or even *want* one).

    3. It should never be about settling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmmm. Waiting sucks. It really does. There is this Dr Suess book which everyone reads at their high school graduation: Oh the Places You'll Go. Anyways. There is one part about waiting where you get stuck in this room with all these people waiting for dumb things like:

    "for the rain to rain or for the snow to snow or waiting around for a yes or a know or waiting for their hair to grow"

    (yes, i have it half memorized). Well, the next page goes something like this:

    "no. thats not for you, all that waiting and staying, you'll find the bright places were boom bands are playing."

    Someone else posted about feeling guilty living a great single life this week because she felt like she was giving up on being in a relationship. It was Kahnee at Single and Blessed: http://conb1977.blogspot.com/

    But I truly feel that I'm much more likely to find a perfect and ideal partner who is truly my equal (if not my better) now that I am enjoying my single life.

    Sometimes giving up trying is the best thing to try.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can totally relate to what Deidre said about getting tired of always putting yourself out there to meet guys, and Singlutionary's suggestion to give up trying. There is something about making the effort 24/7 that really is energy-sapping.

    But I do think you're onto something as you think about your future. Going to school is going to have you interacting with a lot of new people. Caring for Bug not as much. Sometimes I think we can all benefit from a change, from shaking things up. Then see what floats to the top!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Susan... I love the idea of seeing what floats to the top. So many things are floating to the top at the moment and I am loving it.

    ReplyDelete