Monday, May 4, 2009

Unexpected Changes

Well,today was an interesting day. I had the whole day off. This is very rare and when it happens I usually like to curl up in a ball and sleep all day. However, today I ceased my weekday off and got some side business and some life things done. It was all together a rewarding day, yet I'm very scared at the road a head of me. I've pretty much decided to take my life in a different direction than I ever dreamed about and this scares the crap out of me.

I think the journey to get me to this path came about two year ago when I started doing holistic nutrition. This focuses on the whole mind/body approach to wellness. Which is pretty much a no brainer in my head. Of course when the mind is sick the body is sick as well. Everything is connected and all that good stuff. Anyways I started opening myself up to opportunities that I probably would have never seen if I wasn't where I am at.

I'm starting my own business and pretty sure that I am going to go and become and integrative nutritionist. Both things combine passions of mine to live a whole complete life and to help people. I'm opening myself up to the possibility that life is not what I expected it to be and learning to let go of old dreams and let new ones blossom.

It is a strange thing letting go. It is really hard for me and as I was talking to my mother today I almost started to cry in the bookstore. I have held on to this belief of what I am suppose to be for so long that letting it go is so hard. It has been a process that started when I moved to NYC, but really realizing it and letting what I know in my heart to be true and letting go of the ideas I had for my life is so hard. I know that I will not be happy until I can fully recognize what I am becoming and what is right for me. It is just hard to accept that life has other plans then the one I was working on (even if that one wasn't working for me). I know that I am passionate about health and wellness and getting people to recognize what we put in our body matters. I think I have started to discover the path I am suppose to go on. It just isn't the path I thought I was going to be taking and it is freaking me out just a little.

Ok so that was a heavier post then I was expecting to write. Hope everyone had a wonderful Monday.

6 comments:

  1. A. Like the new header - that dress is adorable. and You're adorable!

    B. It's really hard when life changes course...It sounds like you've got an awesome plan though! I'm finding it difficult because there is no set course of action for what I want to do and that makes me seriously uncomfortable. It's awesome that you've found something that you love and are good at - isn't that the dream?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really like your comments here...I started opening myself up to opportunities that I probably would have never seen if I wasn't where I am at.
    I am forever in need of accepting a less than ideal version of my life (because I am so "K, this is what LIFE SHOULD be like)...of embracing the fact that the grey areas of life are places for the light to stand out more clearly.
    The perfect diet is less than ideal...is it flexible. Remember that during this season!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Deidre- A. Thanks ;) That old header was an old picture and I recently chopped most of my hair off. I figured I need a new pic that showed who I was.

    B. Life is just so scary and unsettled in our early/mid and my guess is late 20s that it pretty much sucks a lot of the time. The key is to just accept and hope that you will be open for the right opportunities. It's taken me a while and a lot of debt to figure out what the dream was for me. You'll get there and all the struggle and being brave will make you a better person. (I know it is easy to say but believe me I've been there and I am there)

    Special K- You are so right on accepting the less then ideal version. It is just so hard to let go of what you think you life should be. I love how you put it is the gray areas of life that the light stands out more clearly. Thanks for your comment and support.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Megs, I don't know you at all in real life but this just seems to be the right thing for you and its a very very needed thing too. I am all about changing course when you hear little whispers telling you to go in a new direction.

    I am still listening for my little whispers. So far they've only told me to get a job and nothing more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Singlutionary I've waited a long time for the whispers and ignored them for a better part of that time. I have just started to learn to let go and it is amazing how letting go to all the things that you thought you would be and thought you should have really helps. I have been reading your blog and I know you are right on the verge of hearing your own whispers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Megs, when I felt really lost and purposeless, I led this group called: What's Your Tree and it really helped me figure out what I truly wanted and helped me find the courage to do it. I don't think there is a group in your area and the website doesn't have a lot of info but I wish I could send the curriculum to you because its really great!

    http://whatsyourtree.org/who-we-are

    I was just reading over your posts and this kept coming to mind so I thought I would share it with you.

    ReplyDelete