Sunday, May 3, 2009

Wait, What? I have a life

A funny thing happened last week when I decided that boys should no longer take up copious amounts of my time, I discovered I have an amazingly busy and awesome life. Wow, go figure. This also kept me away from blogging for a bit. It is funny when you realize you have been too busy to care about the stuff that was keeping you down you actually start enjoying yourself. Yes, I thought about you know who a little much last week. However, a lot less then I was and I realized that well if he ever does come back into my life, my life is going to be great without him he is just a added bonus. For that matter if anyone comes into my life that is going to be just a bonus.

I stopped turning down outings and started acting like my old self again. I forgot how much fun that actually can be. I am putting myself first. If I don't who will? Just that change of mentality changed pretty much everything. I have discovered when you stop talking about so and so and start not really caring your life does become way better. Here is to having a life and enjoying said life. It's bound to create some fun things to blog about.

3 comments:

  1. I've had a similar revelation in terms of jobs. I need to quit moping around wondering when I'll ever find a job that I like, etc. If I just live my life the right job will find me (or we'll find each other on craigslist or monster or indeed). Right now there is so much panic about the economy, etc, its easy to fall into a trap where you sit around biting your nails and worrying about what more you could do to find a job.

    Turns out, you just have to wait. And instead of sitting on my ass all day, I might as well enjoy my blessed life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is an Ally Mcbeal episode (I relate my whole life to movies and tv shows...it's a problem, i am working on it) where in the voiceover at the end Ally says something along the lines of "I've decided to have a change of attitude....this week" - And I really like it because although she implies that she'll go back to her kooky self the following week it is kind of like we can always change our attitudes, EACH week if we need to, and that's a good reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Singlutionary- A great job will find you. You so obviously have so much to offer. A quote that has been helping me this week is:

    "It is important not to ‘need’ what you are calling to you but rather to have a certain detachment about it. Let it be all right if it doesn’t come, or if it comes in a different form than what you expect. After you have asked for something, surrender to whatever comes as being appropriate."

    -- Sanaya Roman and Duane Packer

    Deidre- I am constantly relating my life to a TV show at the moment it is How I Meet Your Mother. I pretty much am Ted Mosby but female. I loved Ally McBeal and that is an excellent analogy for my life at the moment.

    ReplyDelete