Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Life According to Mitch

I have been debating whether or not to share the philosophy of Mitch, a guy I meet at a bar last week. I'm not sure I want to validate what he says as being true, but like any drunk crazy guy at a bar there is always some merit to what they say. I think the truth that Mitch spoke is in the three types of women, but I'm just not clear as to what exactly it means.

First, I must start off by sharing with you all the amazingness that is Mitch. Mitch is a 28 year old something or other originally from New Orleans. He moved to Portsmouth, NH via Portland, OR. The reason for his move was a gambling problem and a bad relationship. He introduced himself to me by asking me if he smelt like a campfire. When I told him no and asked why he would smell like a campfire, his reply was when I cleaned out the ash tray in my bathroom I started a fire that melted the linoleum. I turned to my friend and told her we had our entertainment for the evening.

Anyways, as the night wore on my friend and I were casing the place trying to find any eligible men. Sadly, most were accompanied by females. Mitch noticed this and then tried to give us dating tips. I told him that I do not go to the men, they come to me. I'm sick of approaching guys. I mean come on is chivalry dead or more accurately when did guys lose their balls? That is another post, however. I have to give Mitch credit for trying to help me. He was also another guy who assumed me and my friend were just out looking to get laid. Again that is another post.

So, this is a snapshot of Mitch. Mitch who was very strange and a little off his rocker also offered up this assessment of women. There are three types of women Sexy, Hot, and Cute. Sexy girls are your type A bitches/sluts. They bang 'em and leave 'em wanting more, but never give it. Hot girls are the girls who know they could be sexy, but don't go around sleeping with everyone. Cute girls are the ones you take home and want to impregnate and have meet your folks. We then asked Mitch what we were. I of course was cute. My friend was hot with a little sexy mixed in. I kind of agreed with this (not his assessment of my friend. Though I think being Hot is compliment. I think she might be Cute/Hot). I feel that Mitch has a good clear idea what women are like and who is who.

My question is what are the guy types? Probably something like Douche, Jock, and Nerd. I would love to hear my readers thoughts on this.

3 comments:

  1. Hmm, I think i'd go: Model, Fratboy, dork. (I mean the categories are supposed to sound nice right?)

    Model - the super pretty guy. Ladies man.
    Fratboy - a fun riotous drunken fella.
    Dork - Lloyd Dobler, ahem, what?

    ReplyDelete
  2. sexy, hot and cute.

    I think the same categories could go for men. Except you'd have to switch out "sexy" with "player" due to some double standards. Well, I guess Mitch didn't say "slut" so its only three quarters of a double standard.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Deidre: Oh.. yes this is true. I guess NYC has made me a little harsh on males.

    Singlutionary: I didn't even think that you could keep the same ones. I guess I was going with a double standard. Men can still be "sluts". At least I am trying to get people to realize this. There is just something so less negative about player.

    ReplyDelete