Thursday, April 9, 2009

We all need an Ego Boost....

So, I am currently visiting the small town I hail from in the Northeast. I love it here, but whenever I come home I am automatically reminded of how single I currently am. I have to say that this was starting to bother me, but I realized just the other day how boring my life would be if I was not single and living in a small town. It is for some people. However, if I was living 10 minutes from my parents and had a baby and had to rely on a car to get me anywhere fun (which is like 40 minutes away) I would probably go crazy.

Yet, when I come home I still revert to my lonely high school self. I know I am neither lonely nor in high school, but here I feel both. It doesn't help the situation that last week I had my heart minorly crushed by someone I was totally in like with. So, here I am in my small town feeling slightly less awesome about being this amazing girl who moved to the city. I needed an ego boost big time for many many many reasons and not from my mother or other family members.

Luckily for me being in a small town you run into people you once knew quite often. Even luckier for me I ran into one of my crushes. When we are slightly down and a little out it is always nice to hear the person say "Megan?! I thought that was you... You look amazing.. What are you up to? We should hang out sometime." Coming from someone you pined for as a form fat girl nerd who was always the nice girl and never the girl anyone remotely thought of as cool or fun it just makes you smile. I of course replied "I live in NYC and am working on my graduate degree. You know just living life. I would love to get together and catch up. " Flashed a big smile and was on my way. It was exactly what my ego needed. My slightly bruised is anyone ever going to want me ego is feeling boosted enough tonight to hit the town with another high school friend and flash a smile and hopefully get a free drink.... Ah I love being the swan.

2 comments:

  1. You're the swan - Envy!

    As my yoga teacher keeps telling me - smiling is half the battle to making yourself feel better - so fake having fun until you're having it...or something...

    Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!! I love your blog. I'm new to this whole world, but I meet up with Sue from Hooking Up Smart and she told me I had to check yours out. I love your Match stories.... It has been my life for to long now.

    ReplyDelete